Country Flat Farm
WWOOF Volunteer Position Description
In exchange for room and board, we are seeking 2 WWOOF volunteers to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on our farm for a minimum time commitment of 1 month starting February 1st, 2013.
- greenhouse management
- chicken care
- helping to clean and maintain the rental cottages
- harvesting lemons (February through May, July through September)
- pruning the orchard (we have around 100 deciduous fruit trees) and berries (raspberries, olallieberries, blackberries)
- cover cropping and fertility management
- annual vegetable propagation and management
- beekeeping (including building, sorting and cleaning boxes and frames)
- small-scale farm construction
Qualities We Are Seeking (any and all are a plus!):
- motivated and serious to learn about organic and/or biodynamic farming
- previous gardening and/or farming experience
- plumbing/electrical/carpentry/mechanic skills
- bi (multi) – lingual/cultural
- a couple or two friends
No pets and no smokers please
-WWOOFers must show proof of valid health insurance
-WWOOFers must sign a “hold-harmless” form issued by Country Flat Farm
If You Are Interested:
Please email Janie Rommel-Eichorn at firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to each of the following questions:
- Explain your motivation for living on an organic farm. Are you interested in becoming a farmer?
- What practical skills are you interested in learning through this experience?
- Please provide us with a few examples of relevant experiences you have had to working on a farm. In your response be sure to consider the qualities that we are seeking (listed above).
- How would you describe your work ethic?
- How would your peers describe your personality?
- What inspires you?
Additionally, if you are not already registered on the Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF) USA website, please register here: www.wwoofusa.org. You can also find our farm on the WWOOF website by searching for “Country Flat Farm”.